Updated January 6th, 2017. Added the Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 12-60mm f/2.8-4.0 ASPH
Updated Sept 21st, 2016. Added M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.2 and M.Zuiko 12-100mm f/4.0
Updated Sept 11th, 2016. Added Leica 12mm f/1.4
Now that I bought my first m4/3 camera and it happens to be weather-sealed and I live in a tropical country where for half the year you never know when you will be hit by a tropical downpour, I am naturally looking for some weather-sealed lenses. I decided to make a list of all the weather-sealed lenses that are currently available for M4/3. Unfortunately there seems to be very few weather-sealed primes and they are all specialised. Most of the weather-sealed m4/3 lenses are zooms.
The M.Zuiko 60mm f/2.8 Macro is definitely on my list and either the Lumix 12-60mm f/3.5-5.6 or 12-35mm f/2.8 as a travel zoom. But since I am planning to stick mostly to small fast primes as they are the main attraction of the m4/3 system, I will have to mostly go without weather sealing.
There are rumours that Olympus will start releasing a line of pro f/1.2 primes with weather sealing, but I imagine they will be large and pricey.
Here is the list of weather-sealed m4/3 lenses as of September 2016, in order of focal length.
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 8mm f/1.8 Fisheye PRO
- Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 12mm f/1.4 ASPH
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 25mm f/1.2 PRO
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED Macro 60mm f/2.8
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm f4.0 PRO
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO
- Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 12-35mm f/2.8 ASPH POWER O.I.S.
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm f/3.5-6.3 EZ Micro
- Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 12-60mm f/2.8-4 ASPH POWER O.I.S.
- Panasonic Lumix G Vario 12-60mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH POWER O.I.S.
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-100mm f/4 IS PRO
- Olympus M.Zuiko ED 14-150mm f/4.0-5.6 II
- Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm f/2.8 ASPH POWER O.I.S.
- Olympus M.Zuiko ED 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO
- Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm f/4.0-6.3 ASPH POWER O.I.S.
Let me know if I missed any!
You can also find all these lenses at our sponsor B&H:
(we get a small commission at no cost to you)