Updated September 18, 2016
Olympus should be announcing the updated OM-D EM-1 next month at Photokina and a lot of rumours have been flying around. As Olympus’ flagship, it should be a really nice camera. Here’s what we know so far, according to 4/3Rumors:
The new Olympus E-M1II that is expected to be announced on September 19 could have a new Olympus designed and Sony produced sensor!
One source added the following info:
“The sensor is trimmed for maximal AF speed and very fast parallel signal output reading. The sensor reading is twice as fast than on the current Olympus PEN-F.”
Finally a new MFT sensor! This faster read-out would mean less rolling shutter and faster video frame rates.
All other current confirmed E-M1II specs:
- 4K video (first Olympus camera with 4K)
- 3D Sound (whatever that means)
- Dual SD card slot
- 48 Mpix Handheld High Resolution mode
- Much improved autofocus performance
- New higher-resolution EVF
- Fully articulated LCD screen
- Reduced Rolling Shutter
- 20% Overall improvement in image quality
I will keep updating this post as new information comes out.